Turn Long Post Into Audio.



Turn World Peace's Long Post Into Audio
Text-To-Speech free basic download: Natural Reader

http://www.facebook.com/DailyWorldPeace?ref=tn_tnmn
www.facebook.com/iWantGodBackInAmerica

Saturday, September 1, 2012

10 Things I Learned Working At McDonald's




Written and Lived by Denise Rochelle M.

Okay, I don't know why this just hit me just now, but I had to write about my experience.  We all need a bit of laughter now and again instead of always seeing the glass completely empty. 

This is actually true, I worked at several McDonald’s in North Carolina and it kept me out of poverty during the 90s so I‘m not knocking the franchise!  So, these are real situations below and to keep anyone out of trouble I won't mention where exactly in Cary or Greensboro, North Carolina where I worked which were both next to major highways. 


1. A bun and patty can not be separated by force if it is left under the heat lamps too long, and cheese makes them glued together for eternity.

2. I will eat this glue burger at the end of the night instead of throwing them away and gratefully take a bag of these old burgers home and will repeatedly reheat them in the microwave all week if necessary.

3. We’ll reopen the restaurant doors after we closed and after we just finished cleaning the grill for the mesmerizing Sade after her concert (my mom was at her concert and told the band to follow her to my McDonald's). On the other hand, we will curse out any regular customers who dares to step foot into the restaurant a minute before closing.

4. We need an overly large machine to tally up how much change to give a customer.

5. People will do anything to get free McDonald’s: including cutting in front of another car that just paid or they complain that we left something out of their order, which we didn't, and ask for a replacement.  Short-term memory last for about 30 minutes on what people order.  We know.

6. People in business suits also steal, just in a “business-like” manner, like quick changing you. “Can you change my two 10s and give me a 20” and they act surprised when they find out you can count and call management on them.

7. There is actually a McDonald’s University.

8. Some employees have said that they graduate to a better position in McDonald's when they move from being grill guy or fry guy to become front cashier.

9. You can be employed at McDonald’s for exclusively catering McDonald’s birthday parties.  I did it for a summer, had a blast.

10. You get fired for taking a one-day vacation and not letting the manager know.

Please treat our brothers and sisters behind the counter with respect. I know there are some mean ones now and then, because they deal with some of the customer's evils and bad days, then they pass that evil to you.

But for those who are happy to take your order, you might be getting your order from the next Steven Spielberg trying to pay for his student film.

Note:

People want to know what happened to the guy I called management on.  Well, I'll remember to this day 20 years later!  He was so floored and asked, "Why, why do you need to call the manager?"

The manager came up and asked what happened, I told him that I gave him the 20 dollars and he wanted more money.  Well, this is McDonald's and the customer is always right.  The manager, being a smart businessman just gave him the money he demanded and after the customer left quickly took my cashier box or whatever to the back and came back and said I was right, I was short 10 dollars. 

I will say this, when I was in the right in other situations when employees or customers tried to get me fired, I was a great target because I had a mouth, other employees and managers always stuck up for me while being professional.  It takes guts to be a manager in a lot of these situations.

Thanks, Guys, for reading this post, google + it to everybody and get the word out.  Make it Be Kind to Your Cashier week or something. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment